don't want to lose my job

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky13

I have been dating a man now for almost 2 months and we met at work. Our boss has been aware of this since the beginning and there are at least 2 other couples there that i know of. Yesterday our boss told my boyfriend (and not me) that our relationship creates conflicts at work. You must understand that we do not work the same shift and donot display any affection toward each other in the workplace. The boss has not mentioned this to any of the other couples at work, one of which has a supervisory position and is dating someone in the same position that I hold. It is not the first time my boyfriend has been given problems about minor things and I believe strongly that this has solely to do with our boss not liking him. Is there anything that I can do without compromising either of our jobs?

So, a boss is legally allowed to fire an employee just because he is dating another employee when the same action is going by others unpunished? You're right that is very unfair, but thanks for letting me know the legal limits.

"So, a boss is legally allowed to fire an employee just because he is dating another employee when the same action is going by others unpunished?" Yes. It's possible though that because of your particular positions or some other factor, that your relationship does cause difficulties at work that other relationships do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back