dominos pizza scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boombasticas

I have a question to someone familliar with law.

I ordered a pizza and a sandwitch from local Dominos online. I used my debit card.
Total came out to $30.55. I have a confirmation email, also a receipt that shows $30.55. Now the fun part. I check my bank account and they have charged me $35.55. Mistake? I don't think so. So my thought is that they're scamming people, hoping that no one is going to notice. Before i go to the store, should I consult a lawyer? Maybe this is ground for a law suit? All answers helpfull.

Thanks.

The tax and delivery charges were included in that $30.55 total. I even gave the delivery guy a tip. So the way I see it they just stole from me. That's why i want to find out: is it even worth it to talk to the lawyer, or i should just go to the store and get my $5 back

Your way ahead of yourself and too extreme. First no Attorney is going to take a $5.00 case go to small claims court. Second and most important. You need to find out what this charge was for. It may be legit. Then you can either contact the Store Manager or the customer service line for Domino's

Sounds like the pizza guy gave himself an extra tip. ;)

Especially with what Domino's pays, well, you can blame them, sure, but still, wouldn't be surprised. At all.

Obviously you have not read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, where the legal stuff reads as follows:

Because safety is a priority, "You Got 30 Minutes™" is not a guarantee, but an estimate. You may get more. Minimum purchase required for delivery. You must ask for this limited time offer. Prices, participation, delivery area and charges may vary. Deep Dish and specialty pizzas may be extra. Our drivers carry less than $20. Returned checks, along with the state's maximum allowable returned check fee, may be electronically presented to your bank. ©2008 Domino's IP Holder LLC. Domino's®, Domino's Pizza® and the modular logo are registered trademarks of Domino's IP Holder LLC.

Obviously you have not read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, where the legal stuff reads as follows:

Because safety is a priority, "You Got 30 Minutes™" is not a guarantee, but an estimate. You may get more. Minimum purchase required for delivery. You must ask for this limited time offer. Prices, participation, delivery area and charges may vary. Deep Dish and specialty pizzas may be extra. Our drivers carry less than $20. Returned checks, along with the state's maximum allowable returned check fee, may be electronically presented to your bank. ©2008 Domino's IP Holder LLC. Domino's®, Domino's Pizza® and the modular logo are registered trademarks of Domino's IP Holder LLC.

Obviously you've missed that he has a receipt that says $30.55. :)

No, I haven't. What you are still missing is the fact that although the receipt states that the total sale came to $30.55 charges may vary. Obviously you are not familiar with the law...

No, I haven't. What you are still missing is the fact that although the receipt states that the total sale came to $30.55 charges may vary. Obviously you are not familiar with the law...

So, I could put on the invoices I send out to clients that their charge is $X, and put a note at the bottom saying 'actual charge may vary', and just charge them whatever I like when I actually process their credit card?

If that's legal, then what isn't? :)

Look, the poster hasn't even asked the store what the extra was about. It might have been a keying error, for crying out loud. It's WAY too soon to be shouting, lawyer.

The FIRST step is to ask the store what the extra $5 is for. If the response is not satisfactory, THEN you can start thinking about paying a $35 filing fee to sue for $5.

It is "possible" there was a deleivery charge. Now depending on how the register works or how new it is, it may not add the additional charge right away. Furthermore the person who quoted price and rang it up may have not inputed that data. Whatever the reason the solution is contacting Domino's. Anything else is wasting everyone time over 5 bucks!:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back