Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Domestic Violence/Deportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probono

Hello. I am an illegal immigrant from Mexico. I have been living in America for 10 years as work is significantly easier to find and maintain here in the States. I was arrested for driving without a valid drivers license in January 2010 and deported back to Mexico one month later. I returned back to America in March 2010. If i were to get caught again i would have to serve 5-8 years in prison. Just recently, as of 6/26/2014 my ex-wife of 8 years has filed a Civil Summons Domestic Violence Protective Order case against me. We separated 3 months ago and have not spoken in one month. The problem was ignited when I bought my children shoes and toys and brought them to where she and I both work to give to my kids. Later that day she returned the items opened, mismatched, and without the receipt in a plastic bag which I found on the floor. I went to her house to give it back and talk and the next day i received the Civil Action notification packet via police at work. In this she stated numerous examples of domestic violence actions that were perpetuated against her. One example is when I threatened a person with a knife, but again this is word against word. It is word against word and she has no evidence of what she claims. I must appear at court 7/3/2014. I was wondering if they would do background checks that would cause me to go to jail. I was also wondering if I stood a chance in not going to jail and what legal steps, precautions, and actions must be done. Thank you for your time and help as this is greatly appreciated.

Hire an good lawyer if you can. Most likely you'll be gettin 5 to 8 years of free room and board on the backs of the American taxpayer. Then its off to Mexico again.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

They've already done the criminal history check. It's routine. But, The Thing in the White House is turning a blind eye on immigration issues. Relax, you'll never get 8 months for violating this country's immigration laws. The domestic violence beef, that's another story, maybe. If you want to continue living here (in the USA, God only knows why), stay away from her.

Go to court after hiring a lawyer, and seek a court order that orders visitation and addresses support. Then, obey the laws (it isn't hard), stay away from her until you get the child custody/support/visitation order, and you'll be ignored by The Thing and can live here in peace and prosperity, if that's what you want to do.

You didn't ask, but I'll tell you.
Me,I'm getting out.
There are far better places on this planet.
But, it's like ice cream,many flavors for all to enjoy, or avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back