Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Domestic abuse & vandalism

D

Dlid

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
My partner has no previous convictions and had never been in trouble before. He is now being charged with assault for spitting in my face and vandalism as he snapped my hair straighteners and is to go back to court after 6 weeks. What is likely to be the outcome for him? I tried to withdraw my statement but can't. This happened in front of our 2 year old and is being classed as domestic.

My partner has no previous convictions and had never been in trouble before. He is now being charged with assault for spitting in my face and vandalism as he snapped my hair straighteners and is to go back to court after 6 weeks. What is likely to be the outcome for him? I tried to withdraw my statement but can't. This happened in front of our 2 year old and is being classed as domestic.

In the USA, which is about all this forum knows, he'd get at a minimum probation, heavy fines, a restraining order, anger management classes, domestic violence classes, etc..

Many get jail time for the first offense, 30-90 days in jail, plus all the other stuff.

Don't try to get him out of the hole he dug, you could find yourself trying to get your baby back from the child protection authorities.

If you're smart, stay away from any guy that visits violence on you.
YES, spitting a huge on in your face, that's uncivilized and violent.
Doing all of that in front of your child, can traumatize and psychologically damage the child for life.

Back