Doing 90 in 65 in CA = $824?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixnay

Now I'm not looking for a free way out here, by all means I was in the wrong and I know this...However, I'm really not in a hurry to pay $824 ticket just for speeding so maybe someone here can shed some light on me.

5/20/04 11:00pm Got pulled over 200 feet from my exit for speeding. The officer who pulled me over said I was 'weaving in and out of traffic' and that he was following me for 'almost a mile'. Well Jesus a mile at 90MPH can't be more than 15-20 seconds can it?

There were no cars on the freeway pretty much...I _might_ have passed 1.

In any case I just recieved the ticket in the mail and it says I quote:

'FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS NOTICE BY 06/28/04 WILL RESULT IN FURTHER CHARGES AND INCREASED BAIL. BAIL OF $1005.25 OR REDUCED BAIL OF 824.75 WITH PROOF-OF-CORRECTION may be sent by mail on or before....

blah blah blah. Then goes on to say:

'YOU ARE NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR TRAFFIC SCHOOL'

Is this even worth doing the paper trial thing or I'm I just screwed either way I look at it? I mean I thought the ticket was going to be $150-250 in which case I would just pay it/goto traffic school and forget about it but $824!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

This is my first moving violation ever and I sure would appreciate some guidance.

Also I should mention I got fix it tickets on this ticket also here is the entire ticket breakdown:

22349(a) VC +65mph
14600(a) VC DL Address change
16028(a) VC No Insurance Card
4454(a) VC No Reg Card

This is in Daly City, CA.

Thanks in advance.

California traffic tickets

Traffic Tickets in California
Also I should mention I got fix it tickets on this ticket also here is the entire ticket breakdown:
22349(a) VC +65mph
14600(a) VC DL Address change
16028(a) VC No Insurance Card
4454(a) VC No Reg Card

First visit the California Department of Motor Vehicles and change the address on your license. While you are there get a certified copy of your registration.

Then contact your insurance agent and obtain a notarized statement of your insurance.

Next stop is the court to see if the clerk will drop the last three tickets. If not show up on your court date and ask the ADA to drop them. Another option you may consider is offering to pay the fix it tickets if he will drop the speeding. The speeding will increase your insurance for the next three years.

If you can't work out a deal then plead not guilty and a trial will be scheduled or you can do a Trial by Declaration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back