Dog Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggielover

A few weeks ago three of my five pit bulls attacked an Akita. The police had to shoot the dogs in order to get them to release the dog. The animal control took the three and put them to sleep and has charged me with first degree misdemeanors for confinement of a vicious dog as well as failure to license and failure to have the insurance. I have no idea what I am walking into. I've got to go to environmental court and I don't know how to prepare to talk about what happen. Please answer with what ever knowledge you have.

This is not legal Advice!

Hi,

No doubt you are still in shock over the whole matter but your quote: "I've got to go to environmental court and I don't know how to prepare to talk about what happen".

You do not have to prepare, you are negligent for no insurance, non confinement and no license.
The court will expect you to be honest and sincere. We can't tell you how to prepare for how the judge is feeling on the day that would be silly.

Try not to beat yourself up, it's happened and nothing you can do can change that.

Take care

Mark

Where did this take place (state)? Were the dogs off your property? Had they ever attacked another animal before?

Theres more the story that you don't understand the dogs are licensed insured and registered but in a different state. The dogs attacked the other dog because it was too close to our property. The y created a hole in the gate and got out.

Hi,

No doubt you are still in shock over the whole matter but your quote: "I've got to go to environmental court and I don't know how to prepare to talk about what happen".

You do not have to prepare, you are negligent for no insurance, non confinement and no license.
The court will expect you to be honest and sincere. We can't tell you how to prepare for how the judge is feeling on the day that would be silly.

Try not to beat yourself up, it's happened and nothing you can do can change that.

Take care

Mark

It happened in Ohio, they were on the property but created the hole in a fence and attacked another dog that was not under control by their owner. No they had never attacked anything before.

Your quote:

1. "There's more the story that you don't understand the dogs are licensed insured and registered but in a different state".

Then they are not insured in the state where you are now? Not licensed where you are now? And not under adequate control where you are now? How long you have lived at this new address will determine allot of the out come.

2. "They were on the property but created the hole in a fence and attacked another dog that was not under control by their owner. No they had never attacked anything before".

The only small argument you have here is that you had done what you thought was enough to contain your pets, the fact that they broke through the block aids you had provided is quite hard to prove "negligence!" after all the best Prison have been known to loose a criminal once in a while.

Like I tried to state before, we can't tell you how the court will respond on the day to your plight. You just have to be sincere and honest and hope they can see your side of the story.

Take care and good luck.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back