Does this apply in Texas also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entilzah

Would the fact that was stated in the following link also apply in Texas?

http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45872

My sister-in-laws are trying to take the house that my wife and I are living in and have been paying on since 2001. Her mom passed away 2 years ago and the record keeping from her mom and ourselves was severely lacking as it was family and we thought everything would be okay. They are trying to make us pay for the house all over again is if no payments were ever made.

I'm not entirely clear as to your circumstances.

Was mom holding your mortgage?

I need more information about how you came to inhabit your home. In the above referenced thread, the poster negotiated a loan. Subsequently, the poster inherited (along with other siblings), a home.

The alleged debt was not tied to home ownership. The debt wasn't owed to the tenants in common. It was allegedly owed to the benefactor, not the heirs.

Yes, her mom had the mortgage. Our problem is how it could be possible for them to attempt to collect money that should have been Mom's when she was alive.

Let me ask this, since we bought the house in 2001 and had been paying to her mom who died in 2009 and then her dad wanted nothing to do with our house prior to his death in 2010 should her sisters be able to collect all the way back to 2001 on our house?

Because my wife trusted her mom and did not keep accurate records of our payments and her mom did not keep same, the sisters are trying to collect on us as never having paid any.

What you may have owed mom has nothing to do with those greedy siblings.

They have no standing to collect their mother's debts.

For all they know, you paid mom every penny you owed her.

But, even if you didn't, it is not the business of those greedy heifers to know.

They aren't owed a dime.

They have no standing to sue for mom.

They can claim anything they wish.

If you're smart, they won't collect a dime from you.

Tell them to mind their business, not mom's!!!

Let me ask this, since we bought the house in 2001 and had been paying to her mom who died in 2009 and then her dad wanted nothing to do with our house prior to his death in 2010 should her sisters be able to collect all the way back to 2001 on our house?

Because my wife trusted her mom and did not keep accurate records of our payments and her mom did not keep same, the sisters are trying to collect on us as never having paid any.

That is fantastic news, thank you again for being so helpful. Is there a statute or something that I can show them about this.

That is fantastic news, thank you again for being so helpful. Is there a statute or something that I can show them about this.

Why waste your time?

Tell them to consult an attorney.

Don't admit to anything they accuse you of not doing.

Smile and say, "Do what you must. My lawyer advised us not to discuss any of our affairs with you."

Statute, not really.

This is a creature of the Texas courts. It is case law and precedent. You can tell them to consult an attorney, just as you've done.

I have an uneasy feeling about this because you stated, "My sister-in-laws are trying to take the house that my wife and I are living in and have been paying on since 2001." If you bought the house, the title would have changed, and the house would no longer be part of the estate.

When you bought the house, was the title changed?

Last edited:
Yes the title was changed in 2001 we have a warranty deed w/vendors lien. They have been to several attorneys in their attempt to make our house part of the estate and are trying to get it done that way when we go to probate court.

Okay irish, I have waited a few days after answering your question and have not seen a response. I am not trying to be a problem so please do not take this the wrong way, just looking for some kind of response.:)

Last edited:
Okay irish, I have waited a few days after answering your question and have not seen a response. I am not trying to be a problem so please do not take this the wrong way, just looking for some kind of response.:)

Relax, your warranty deed is good as gold, if things are as you say.

That doesn't mean the greedy cows won't sue you.

If they do, assert your defenses.

One of them is your warranty deed.

So, relax and enjoy your life and home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back