Does someone charged with but not convicted of drug possession have his driver's license suspended?

Kerry Parsons

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Hi there!

Thanks so much for this great forum!

I sure hope I am posting this question in the correct section:

In Michigan does someone charged with, but not convicted of, drug possession still have his driver's license suspended for six months?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if I need to re-post this question in a more correct section.

I sure do look forward to your answer.

Thanks again, Kerry

Please post your question only once. We're really not all that concerned with whether the question is in the "right" sub-category; as long as there's some reasonable connection between the question and the topic we're fine. I am deleting your duplicate posts; all answers can be submitted here.

Charged, no. Convicted, yes there can be an indefinite length suspension involved.
If charged, YOU NEED A LAWYER. License suspension is the least of your problems. You could be going to jail.

The specific offenses that result in mandatory license suspension are outlined in the Michigan Vehicle Code Section 257.319.

Michigan Legislature - Section 257.319

Other offenses can result in mandatory suspension, so contact a lawyer to find out if the accusations against you put you at risk of losing your driving privileges for a lengthy period of time.

More importantly, certain drug convictions could send you to prison.

That is another reason to use your right to remain silent and speak only to your lawyer.

Back