Does my tree have rights?

trees

My neighbors had a fence installed. Came home to find the contractor cut the limbs to our trees (to the trunk of the tree) facing our neighbors side. Now we have nearly a 3.5 wide alley way between the fence and our trees. I understand if they wanted to cut any limbs leaning on their property, but it was unnecessary to cross our property line and cut the limb to the trunk of the tree 3 feet into our property. What recourse do I have in this instance.

My neighbors had a fence installed. Came home to find the contractor cut the limbs to our trees (to the trunk of the tree) facing our neighbors side. Now we have nearly a 3.5 wide alley way between the fence and our trees. I understand if they wanted to cut any limbs leaning on their property, but it was unnecessary to cross our property line and cut the limb to the trunk of the tree 3 feet into our property. What recourse do I have in this instance.

I can't tell you what to do, but I'd simply ignore it.
Life is too short to worry about trees being pruned.
If you just can't leave it be, you take the alleged offender to court and prove he damaged (or caused to be damaged) your tress.
Then you prove how much diminution in value has been caused by the trees being pruned.
If you do that, you'll get a judgment that says Mr XXX owes Mr ZZZ $X,XXX.
Next you have to perfect the judgment and then chase Mr XXX's assets to collect your money!!

There are people being killed in wars all over the planet, children being molested, people with cancer, and people who have no where to live, and people in the first world worry about trees getting pruned.

No, your tree has no rights.
You have rights, but you would have a tough argument trying to assert them here. If the fence is not on your property then just be patient. The tree will grow new branches.

Spring is here - the branches/limbs will start growing back. I don't see much of a case here.

Back