does guardianship just transfer to spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliber

I have 4 children that where under the guardianship of the paternal grandmother, she passed away and I never recieved any new guardianship paperwork. My problem is, does the guardianship automatically transfer to the grandfather even if he wasnt named as a guardian in the original paperwork? For 6 months one of the children lived with me and out of the blue last week the grandfather showed up with guardianship papers signed last may; needless to say my daughter had to go with him. I am wondering why I never recieved notice of him getting guardianship and what are my options here?

I have 4 children that where under the guardianship of the paternal grandmother, she passed away and I never recieved any new guardianship paperwork. My problem is, does the guardianship automatically transfer to the grandfather even if he wasnt named as a guardian in the original paperwork? For 6 months one of the children lived with me and out of the blue last week the grandfather showed up with guardianship papers signed last may; needless to say my daughter had to go with him. I am wondering why I never recieved notice of him getting guardianship and what are my options here?

If you are NOT the guardian, why would you (should you) receive guardianship papers?

Are you the mother or father?

If you are one, which one?

Have you lost custody of your four children?

How long ago did you lose custody?

Why?

If you've lost custody, have you been provided with a pathway to get your parental rights back?

How did you happen to have ONE child come to live with you?

Who are you (if not mom or dad) in this scenario?????

I am the mother and I did not loose custody. I still have my parental rights. Throughout the case I have recieved guardianship papers, along with every other court paper wether it pertained to me or the father.

I had one of the children living with me as the grandfather could not control her after her grandmothers death. Now for some reason the grandfather and the father believe they can control her. She is wanting to come back home to live with me and is being told in a couple of months she can.

Thats my problem, I'm trying to gather the 1500 now. Im wondering what steps I can take while I am trying to arrange the attorney and fees needed. I am already doing as much of the leg work as I can to help save on the attorney fees. Thank you for your answers.

Thats my problem, I'm trying to gather the 1500 now. Im wondering what steps I can take while I am trying to arrange the attorney and fees needed. I am already doing as much of the leg work as I can to help save on the attorney fees. Thank you for your answers.

There is nothing you can do to reduce the fee that a qualified attorney would charge.

It won't cost you anything to meet with most attorneys for the initial consultation.

During that meeting you can ask relevant questions to assist you in understanding what lies ahead of you.

Make an appointment and visit with an attorney or two.

That is where you learn what it will take (besides money) to assist you in getting your children back with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back