Modifying a Lease Does an authorized occupant have same rights as lessor In GA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radcoco

I have a tenant who is the sole lessor of my condo. Her boyfriend signed as an authorized occupant. They are splitting up but he says he won't leave as he has as much right as she does. He is uncooperative so he won't sign an amendment. What rights does he really have? He has paid rent to me directly. Thank you, Amanda

I have a tenant who is the sole lessor of my condo. Her boyfriend signed as an authorized occupant. They are splitting up but he says he won't leave as he has as much right as she does. He is uncooperative so he won't sign an amendment. What rights does he really have? He has paid rent to me directly. Thank you, Amanda

If you or your other tenant wants him out LEGALLY, you;ll have to evict him through your court system.
Google "dispossessory action - eviction - YOUR COUNTY, GA" for exact details as to how you proceed in your county.
Or, ask any attorney in your area to further advise you.

Yes, as long as she allowed him to enter, his rights are equal to hers.

As a landlord, you might not want to continue to rent to joint tenants on one lease in the same unit.

As you've found out, split ups and dumpings do occur, as do divorces.
Working with divorcing couples is far easier than working with hook up couples that split with greater frequency, and often have many more issues than married split ups.
Yeah, not a fact, just my observation.

Last edited:
Honestly, why do you care? As long as the rent is paid, their relationship status and sleeping arrangement is not your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back