DOES ADA COVER THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLRL1

IS THIS WORTH LOOKING INTO??

My wife took my mother in law ( 86 years old ) to play a game of bingo at the bingo place for senior's. She went to the rest room and entered ok when she came out she steped on the edge of the ramp and fell breaking her hip, EMS came she was taken to the hosp. and operated on she never recorved she died two weeks later from other compations. Do we have A case? No signs about a ramp posted. Should I get a Lawyer?
RAMP IS
32IN WIDE
5 3/4 IN HIGH
58IN LONG

Last edited:
Re: IS THIS WORTH LOOKING INTO??

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. Just because there was an injury doesn't mean there was negligence involved.

Just because a ramp was there doesn't mean there has to be a sign. After all, no offense and playing the defense's card, but shouldn't using your eyes to see in front of you enable a person to see the ramp! If your mother couldn't see the ramp, how could she have seen a sign? Would that really have avoided the accident? If your mother needed care, should you have left her unattended and in doing so did you contribute to the accident?

For a cause of action, it would seem you would need to prove that there was a duty of care by the place that they failed to satisfy, e.g. a duty that in adding the ramp that it be in reasonably good condition but it was not and was in a dangerous condition which collapsed and caused the injury.

Originally posted by TLRL1
My wife took my mother in law ( 86 years old ) to play a game of bingo at the bingo place for senior's. She went to the rest room and entered ok when she came out she steped on the edge of the ramp and fell breaking her hip, EMS came she was taken to the hosp. and operated on she never recorved she died two weeks later from other compations. Do we have A case? No signs about a ramp posted. Should I get a Lawyer?
RAMP IS
32IN WIDE
5 3/4 IN HIGH
58IN LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back