Does a temporary guardianship interfere with social security/state medical insurance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordboeboe

Does a temporary guardianship interfere with social security and or state medical insurance status.This is in the state of AZ.

My child has a friend at high school, both are seniors. whose abusive stepfather is getting out of jail. She has express to her mother that she does not want to live in the same house with him. Her mother, who has sole care and custody of her, has agreed to let her live with us. I downloaded a free form of "Temporary Guardianship" off of the internet. It basically states that I would have temporary guardianship of the minors' religious, educational, and recreational activities, and that she can reside in my house. It also allows me to administer minor first aid, and summon any licensed medical practitioner, hospital, or physician in case of more serious illness or injury. It also states that I will be responsible for basic household and living expenses, and that all medical and dental type expenses still remain the responsibility of the custodial birth mother. A friend of the mother said that if her daughter is not physically residing in her house, that her state provided medical insurance will no longer be intact. This is very important to her since her health is an issue, she is currently suspected of having some tumors and tests are underway to determine the extent of these tumors. Her mother doesn't want to sign the papers for fear of the lack of insurance. I have a very good relationship with this child and I asked her "Is it possible that in a few weeks your mother may charge me with kidnapping if you and her have an argument." She responded, "Yes, I could see that happening." I tried to explain to the mother that this is not a custody issue, it would be similar to; say her mother left the country for a few months and needed a guardian while she was away. I am trying to protect this young lady and myself, while reassuring the mother that for the 4 months this would be in effect the legal status of her child is not in question. The child in question will turn 18 and be an adult in 4 months. Can you please help in this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back