Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Does a PDC conviction in S. Carolina affect a DWI suspended jail term sentence in VA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proveit46

Here is the situation I got myself into. I was charged with Public Disorderly Conduct in Oct 2010 in South Carolina while on vacation. I currently have an attorney and am fighting the conviction. In the meantime I was charged with a DWI 1st Offense, BAC >.20% in Virginia where I live in mid-February. I have yet to hear anything from my attorney in SC about the PDC charge. My court date for the DWI in Virginia is in mid-April and my attorney said that I will probably be facing a 1-yr suspended or restricted license along with 180 days in jail with 175 suspended, amounting to 5 days in jail. Since I will be charged for my DWI in VA prior to being charged for Public Disorderly Conduct in SC, can a PDC conviction in SC affect anything with my DWI case in VA? The last thing I want is to be convicted of a DWI in VA that happened a month ago and then later be convicted for PDC in SC (because my case was continued) and end up having to serve out a 175 day jail sentence for my DWI because of the later PDC conviction in SC.

Please help me! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back