Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Does a 221.05 (UPM) in NYC go on your record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstandingCtzn

I got pulled over for a cell phone violation in Times Square and they saw a pipe in my center console. I was taken into a holding cell while they checked me for warrants, which I don't have, and released within 20 minutes and handed a summons with voilation 221.05.

I am not from New York and a little confused about this violation. Keyword here, VIOLATION. Does this mean that it is not a misdemeanor and will not go on my record?

This is my first offense in NY. I had one posession charge in a state down south, but I was 18 and was able to have it expunged. I am 31 now.

Should I just plead guilty and be done with it or should I contest it using section 170.56 of the criminal procedure law. Does section 170.56 apply to me since my first arrest was in another state or does that prior expungement use up my "get out of jail free" cards?

I am in the works of writing a business plan to start my own business and take out a business loan. I don't need this on my record when considering a loan!

I'm so confused with all of these variables... please help steer me in the right place!

Upstanding Citizen

Stop fooling around with illegal substances.

I suggest you hire an attorney and contest this violation.

A good lawyer in NYC can make this disappear, like it never even happened.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back