Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Doctor shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nrbaraka123

I was caught doctor shopping big time and the dr handed the info over to police. It's been a week and haven't heard anything... I'm scared to death. I just finished rehab and am clean, but live in CONSTANT fear of being arrested... I've never been in trouble in my life.... What should I expect, and when should I expect it?

That depends on the amount of drugs you obtained and what you did with them. No one can advise you what to expect. I suggest you exercise your right to remain silent and stay away from doctors for a while.

I used A LOT, only for myself tho, never sold or bought or gave them to anyone, never wrote my own rx's...

First of all, stop blabbing.
Confessions are done in private before a man or woman of the cloth.
If you are contacted, admit to nothing, confess to nothing, immediately invoke by saying, "Under the advice of counsel, I politely decline to answer any questions without a lawyer being provided for me, and I wish to use my right to remain silent."

They'll pretend to be your pal, they'll play like they care about your soul, they'll cajole, threaten, and play "good cop" vs. "bad cop", and many more tricks to get you to blab.

No matter what they do or say, stand by your response and your right to remain silent.

Providing name, address, date of birth are all okay; besides they already will have all of that.

Don't offer excuses, try to explain, or say anything relevant.
They WILL use anything you say to hang you high, be smart and silent.

Don't mention anything, just smile and be polite.
If they are there to arrest you, arrest you they will.
The state must prove their case, and one or even a dozen physicians saying anything has nothing to do with you.
So, don't blab, no matter what, don't blab.

With a clean record, in a state that is releasing felons daily, they won't send you away; even if they convict you.
So, relax, what's done is done.
Time to be smart, and avoid further issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back