Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Do we have enough evidence, to file charges?

A

AngryBoyfirend

Jurisdiction
Florida
My girlfriend had a friend visit who was in town. He stayed the night at her condo and used her bathroom to get ready in the morning. She used it after him and noticed that he left his stuff in there, including a weird clock radio. After she was done in the bathroom, he went back in and grabbed his stuff, including the radio and left. My girl was really suspicious of radio and thinks it was hidden camera device (we looked on the internet and found one that looked like it). She she called him and accused him of planting a video. He denied the whole thing and said she was crazy. I wasn't there so I can't confirm any of this.

Does she have enough evidence, to file charges?
Should she contact him and try to get him to admit something, like "just say you are sorry and that you will delete the video" and then bring that to the cops?

Does she have enough evidence, to file charges?

1 - People don't file charges, the authorities do. People just report crimes.

2 - I don't see anything that would convince the authorities to prosecute anybody. She is, of course, free to report her suspicions to the police. That's up to her.

Should she contact him and try to get him to admit something, like "just say you are sorry and that you will delete the video" and then bring that to the cops?

Probably best to just let it go. If the radio was just a radio, she can make herself a great deal of trouble.

The lesson here for the trusting, loving, unknowing is: NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO BE A HOSEGUEST IN YOUR HOME.

Mother used to say, "Your home isn't a flophouse!"

If you wish to accommodate friends or family, pay for a night or two in a nearby motel/hotel. Don't charge it to your credit card, you could get screwed by doing that. Reimburse them, or offer a couple hundred bucks to assist with expenses.

I never go anywhere unless I can afford to pay my own way. That's the real lesson here, stay home if you can't fully fund your trip.

How do you get from leaving a radio in the bathroom to the assumption that it must be a hidden camera that recorded something illicit? This a friend of yours. I can just imagine if a friend accused me of such a thing with no more proof than that the belongings were not removed from the room immediately upon vacating. I would not expect this friend to be willing to continue the friendship, but there is almost nothing at all for the police to even investigate. If he doesn't live in the area it is unlikely in the extreme that the police will hunt him down for questioning where ever it is he lives.

What makes her think her friend would do this? How does she know it wasn't a radio? If no videos show up anywhere, she needs to let it go.

Back