1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Do I report accrued leave payout as income to unemployment?

Discussion in 'Unemployment Insurance & Benefits' started by Confusedui, May 27, 2015.

1. Confusedui

Confusedui Law Topic Starter New Member

I got my last check and it included accrued vacation days pay. Do I include that as income and how do I go about that?

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

When you called the TWC and asked this question, what did they say?

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

You can bring up the TWC website & see if you can find your answer or just call them as suggested.

4. txls

txls Well-Known Member

The employer should report it. They will receive a questionnaire asking that question.

5. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/businesses/unemployment-benefits-basics-employers

Reporting Work & Earnings
    When making a payment request, claimants must report hours worked and gross earnings (before deductions) from any full-time, part-time or temporary work; net profit from self-employment; vacation or holiday pay; and commissions. Those earnings must be reported even though the claimant may not have yet received payment. There are no exceptions. TWC computes how much a claimant can earn before we deduct those earnings from their weekly benefit amount plus 25%. Claimants who earn more than their weekly benefit amount plus 25% cannot receive benefits for that week.