Do I need to put Borough Ordinance violation on applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobic

Experts:

10 years back I violated a borough ordinance for noise violation. I plead guilty and paid a fine. When question on the application is asking:

"Have you ever been convicted of an offense for which you have not been pardoned?

I usually say yes and explain. My question: do even need to report it myself? Would criminal check show borough ordinance crimes?

thanks

I am not a lawyer but will attempt to answer your question from a practical standpoint.

The primary purpose of the question on the application is, of course, to see if you have commited a crime or crimes in the past. A borough noise violation seems to be a relatively minor offence, akin to a traffic violation. I seriously doubt it would disqualify you.

A secondary purpose of the question on the application is to see if you will lie about your record. Failure to reveal the borough noise violation may be viewed as much more serious than the violation itself. The failure could disqualify you.

So far you have made the right decision: reveal the offence, minor though it is.

ChrisWarren57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back