Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Do I need to consult with an attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieboop

My daughter, age 12, was sexually assulted (a boy in her gym class exposed himself to her), and when I went to the principal to assure that the situation was being handled, the principal told me that he could not give me this information, as it woud "violate the rights of the boy":eek: :confused: !! The boy was back in school and back in my childs class today! If this same thing occured outside of the school, the offender would be arested, right? Do I need legal assistance????

If it were me, I would make an appointment with the prosecutor and ask if this behavior is considered a sexual assault.

Regardless of the answer, then ask what the prosecutor will do about it.

Be nice.

Honey draws more flies than vinegar.

I would be calling the police. That behavior is inappropiate and the child could be charged with something.

Out here in AZ, some middle school students were expelled for disgusting behavior. A few of them are facing criminal charges of indecent exposure.

The principal should have suspended this boy. I would be making compalints with whoever will listen.

jamieboop said:
My daughter, age 12, was sexually assulted (a boy in her gym class exposed himself to her),
This is not "sexual assault" ... at least not as it is defined in most states I am aware of. In my state this would likely be a misdemeanor incident of indecent exposure and would likely be handled without prosecution - unless there were additional or more serious incidents that accompanied it.

and when I went to the principal to assure that the situation was being handled, the principal told me that he could not give me this information, as it woud "violate the rights of the boy"
He is correct in that he cannot provide you information on the other student.

The boy was back in school and back in my childs class today! If this same thing occured outside of the school, the offender would be arested, right? Do I need legal assistance????
No, he would probably not be arrested. He might be, but he probably would not be.

You are free to contact the police and report it. They may or may not do much about it. They will almost certainly investigate it, but depending on the circumstances, it may not warrant a criminal prosecution.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back