Do I need a class 25 along with my class 35?

dlaechampion

Jurisdiction
California
My trademark is the name of a famous cowboy of the old west in Wyoming, an historical figure. I hold two trademarks, one of his name and the other his signature, class 35 service mark. I do cowboy related products online currently, including t shirts and hats, etc. Just recently a local WY rock band named itself after my trademarked cowboy. I am glad they did for reasons that it will help promote my brand. I want to know how much jurisdiction I have over the use of the name and also I want to offer them a licensing deal so they can sell merchandise at their shows. I am fairly certain that I own exclusive rights to this name, I am specific in my application. Do I need a class 25 also, I will not be doing any manufacturing at this time. I will be performing within the lines of my mark, wholesaling and retailing shirts at live events and soon in stores as well as online
Thank you

Do I need a class 25 also, I will not be doing any manufacturing at this time. I will be performing within the lines of my mark, wholesaling and retailing shirts at live events and soon in stores as well as online
Thank you

You need an attorney specializing in copyright and/or trademark law.
Don't get yourself in legal bind, maybe financial trouble soliciting advice about such important matters via the internet.
You're operating a business, to project an image of professionalism and trust.
I'll hush myself now, and gently urge you to seek REAL LEGAL advice from an attorney licensed in your state.

Thank you army judge, This seems to be a matter that will not be appropriate for this venue. By your response, it seems to not be a simple answer. I am not sure that I have compromised any integrity by posting this seemingly simple question. The reason I am putting it out to you professionals is I have received conflicting information from seemingly reliable sources online. I would surely like to sit down with an Attorney, my start up budget is limited. I appreciate your reply, are you an Attorney?

You need an attorney specializing in copyright and/or trademark law.
Don't get yourself in legal bind, maybe financial trouble soliciting advice about such important matters via the internet.
You're operating a business, to project an image of professionalism and trust.
I'll hush myself now, and gently urge you to seek REAL LEGAL advice from an attorney licensed in your state.
Thank you army judge, This seems to be a matter that will not be appropriate for this venue. By your response, it seems to not be a simple answer. I am not sure that I have compromised any integrity by posting this seemingly simple question. The reason I am putting it out to you professionals is I have received conflicting information from seemingly reliable sources online. I would surely like to sit down with an Attorney, my start up budget is limited. I appreciate your reply, are you an Attorney?

Just look around your county, talk to a couple.
The initial consultation is usually given for FREE.
Yes, I'm an attorney, but I'm retired.

Back