Do I have to allow visitation in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandlizard

My childs father and I established a court order for visitation and child support in November 2008. He lives 6 hrs away in another state so he does not have standard visitation. The court order states that he would get our son this year for spring break and we were to meet the last day of school at 2pm at the agreed place. The day we were to meet he calls at 8pm and says he hasn't got his copy of the order yet and asked whos year it was for break. I know he has the order because we have been following it regarding the holidays since November he's just using that for an exuse because he never began making child support pmts and is now 5 months behind. I told him that it was his year and although he missed the scheduled pick up I would work with him to exchange our son. After discussion we both decided visitation this week wouldn't feasible. He is now demanding visitation after we made the agreement. If he missed the scheduled pickup day and time do I have to allow the visitation.

First of all who is the one that moved here? Does this court order reflect that he lives so far away or is it an old order? The fact he is behind on CS payments does not have anything to do with visitation. If there is an order you need to follow it. Since he lives so far away it might be hard for him to make visitation at the same time. You have to have the child available if it is his time to visit.

He is the one who moved and the court order does reflect that he lives 6 hrs away. I had the child ready and available at the time the court order states. He did not contact me until 6 hrs after we were to meet and didn't even know then that he was to have him this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back