Do I have grounds to sue? Or ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiru

I was going to buy a house back in July of 2007. I went through a Mortgage Company, went through all the paper work, made trips from Va to Oh on numerous occasions, paid for inspection and appraisal. Paid for home repair for a new appraisal - per mortgate agent.

Was supposed to close on house on July 5, made trip for closings only to find out that there was no closing... After being ignored for days by the mortgage agent.

Found out selly/owner sold the house the same weekend that I was in OH to close on it, while I thought I was the buyer.

After repeated attempts to contact the mortgage agent, I finally got another agent form a different company, found another house and bought it. This took less than two weeks.

My question is: Can the Mortgage Company be held for and legal recourse?

I lost money on my attempt to buy the first house. Made numerous trips from VA to Oh, hotel costs, repair costs, appraisal fees, inspection fees. etc...

I want to know if this can be considered fraud and if so, can I sue the Mortgage Company? I had a binding contract, confirmations of the supposed closing, witnesses, and receipt for repairs done on the house I was supposed to buy, so that the appraisal would go through a second time. Might I add that the agent was supposed to pay for the repairs since his appraiser was the one that messed up. I had to pay the costs of 560.00 at the last moment, because he renigged on the payment when it was completed.
Do I have a case, and if so, can I hire a lwyer on contigency?

I reside in ohio now. I lived in VA last year.

Thank You,

Mich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back