Do I have a legal issue or an ethical issue (military)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keke961

I am currently an IET soldier. So a buddy of mine has a father in the military, who is essentially the platoon sergeant of all intelligence soldiers in the Alaska National Guard. So he gets a call from his dad and he asks for a list of volunteers to go to Afghanistan and gives him my name without giving me a brief background on what I'm being signed up for. While I'm not concerned in the least about being deployed to Afghan, is it really right for him to do that to me? In other words, is it right for another PFC to have so much influence over my military career simply because his father is in a position of power directly in charge of my field of work?

I am aware that the fate of a soldier does not fall into the handles of a platoon sergeant however there is no doubt in my mind that there is a connection with a senior officer or an order has been rolled down hill to put this responsibility on him.

What I'm even more worried about is if this could lead to a case of blackmail or extortion? For instance "If you don't do this, I won't put in a good word for you when a promotion becomes available."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back