Consumer Law, Warranties Do I have a decent case for small claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGuy

Hello,

Here is my situation. I paid $800 dollars to a HVAC contractor one week ago to move two air conditioner copper pipes a distance of 10 feet (we are remolding the basement). He didn't put them where asked but that is beside the point. The next day we noticed that the A/C was not working. No cold air was coming out of the registers and the copper pipes that normally are hot (one pipe) and cold (other pipe) are room temp. This is indicative of a refrigerant leak. The contractor verbally guaranteed his work.

We left our callback number (he is unable to receive messages) and he never called back. When we actually got him on the phone (Thursday) and explained the situation he stated that he would be here to fix the problem Friday. He never called to set up a time so we called him several times and he still never called back. We finally managed to get a hold of him on Friday afternoon to find out what was going on. He said he would be here between two and three pm. "to get us squared away because it looks to be a hot weekend." He never called or came over and we are still trying but are unable to get a hold of him. I went to put a stop payment on our check to him but it has already cleared.

We have our receipt stating we are paid in full. So my question is do we have a case for small claims court? If so what damages could I claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back