DO I fight or request Prayer for Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbunk902

I was issued a citation by a NC State Trooper as follows:
did unlawfully and willfully by overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction on a portion of the highway marked by the Dept. of Transportation with signs, markers, or marking clearly indicating passing should not be attempted (G.S. 20-15(e)).......

More to the point, the cruiser pulled out of a parking area onto the marked portion of the roadway. I went around the cruiser approximately 10 feet (yes over a double yellow) and into a portion of the highway that was marked for left turn only.
1) The cruiser was at a stop, not moving
2) The distance was 10 feet
3) This is a common occurance in this area as the split for two lanes of traffic is blocked by traffic coming out of the parking lot and onto the roadway.
4) I did not "pass" and "Overtake" the vehicle.

I have only one MV violation in the 33 years I have been driving, it was for speeding and it was over 10 years ago.

Questions:
1) Should I attempt to fight this ticket?
2) should I request a Prayer for judgement and if so How do I do so?
3) How will the PFJ affect my driving record?
4) How much will all this cost me? What If I cannot afford the $170 ticket?

ARGHHHHHHH what good is a good driving history if at the whim of a Trooper trying to meet her quota I'm going to be given a citation for something that wasn't even as horrible as the ticket makes it out to be? I think the ticket was over kill? Anybody?
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back