Divorce & Remarriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolval

I have just recently remarried and moved to the state of Illnois from the state of Texas. My husband added me on to his bank account in July 2007. I sold my home and we deposited the funds into his account, now also my bank account.
Now his financial record are being requested by his ex-wife via rule 214 of the Illinois supreme court by her attourneys. The request says all joint bank accounts and deposits they want to see. Is it possible for her to get apart of the proceeds to the sale of my house for her increase in child support? Can I refuse to turn over the account info once my info was added on?
Keep in mind my husband was added on to the title of my house because in the state of Texas once a spouse has lived in the residence they must be added on to the deed.
Please help if you can...
Thanks,
Val

Q: Is it possible for her to get apart of the proceeds to the sale of my house for her increase in child support?

A: Yes, that is possible since it is joint funds.

Q: Can I refuse to turn over the account info once my info was added on?

A: Were you ordered to do this? Your husband cannot refuse to comply with the court order but I am not sure why you are asking this question.

Keep in mind my husband was added on to the title of my house because in the state of Texas once a spouse has lived in the residence they must be added on to the deed.

Who told you this?

I guess I am asking the question because I do not want her to have access to my financial info since I am not involved in the divorce and support of the children. As far as the house sale goes the title company put my new husband on the deed.

Also my ex-husband signed over the warranty deed to my house to me because he owed me back child support. How ironic it seems that I may now have to give my new husbands ex-wife a share of my back child support. My new husband is current on his support she is asking for an increase.

I don't know what you will have to give to whom.

But when you made your assets joint with your new husband, you opened yourself up to all this.

Thank you...

Thank you for your help. I suppose from this point on I will separate our assets. The funds from the sale of the house are spent so i'm not sure how she'll benfit, but maybe the judge in the case will see some reasoning in all this. After all if the custidial parents new spouse can't have their finances considered in child support why can th non custodial parents income be considered? As you said though if I would have kept it separate it would be a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back