divorce is final but $ is still joint til home sells

Status
Not open for further replies.

zita

My FL divorce was final 4/13. On that day my ex re'cvd a promotion & raise of $10k. We still have a home together (although he lives elsewhere) & all finances are joint until it sells. In the settlement agreement it states, "Husband shall cont. to have his paycheck, through the MC Sheriff's Office, direct deposited so the Wife may cont. maintaining the household related expenses & living expenses as the Wife has historically done throughout the marriage, until such time as the home sells. From the proceeds the husband shall be entitled to $220 p/pay pd. The Husband shall be enitled to retain all monies earned in his security work for his living expenses." We were waiting for his 1st "post-promotion" check to see how we wanted to handle addt'l $. It deposited into our account today but w/o any addt'l $. I asked him about it & he said he had his overtime diverted to his private checking account for "his protection" & that he was only going to have his regular hours put into our account. He does not get overtime in his new position so I believe the $ is the raise. Can he legally take a portion of his paycheck & put it into his own account? Also, he says he doesn't want me spending a cent on myself for anything including clothes, makeup, eating out, etc. I do not have any other means of paying for these items. Am I within my rights to spend on these types of things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back