DV Lottery Diversity Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

doua

I plan to apply for the diversity visa.I have a few doubts:
1. Under the requirements the applicant should be a native of the countries which are eligible. Does nativity refer solely to place of birth.I was born in a country which is eligible, but am a citizen of a country which is not eligible.
2. I am currently in the US on a student visa. I am in the medical field and plan to do my residency in medicine here.If I am not selected , would this application adversely effect my chances of securing a H-1 or J-1 visa in the future to do my residency.
Thanks

excuse me, i am not answering but i have question that too.

there are some website other than travels.state.org says I can pay for them any they will take care of the application for us for next four years. Can I trust them?

If the country you have citizen to is not eligible, then you can't apply. If you have dual citizenship then you are fine. If birth in the other country gives you grounds to apply for citizenship there, then apply and file for citizenship there too. I would say apply if you are not sure and worry about the rest after or seek dual citizenship after applying which would make you eligible. You can send me a link to the site so I could read it and explain more.

About the sites which promise to play the DV lottery for you, the choice is yours. I would not thrust them because some are just trying to get your money. There are some honest ones but I can't tell which is which. I would advise you to do it alone each year. It takes just 3 minutes to do. Are you that busy? It is better to be sure you played than depending on someone who might use your money and never play. Better safe than sorry.........

Thanks for replying. From what I could gather from the government website, place of birth is considered, they dont mention citizenship.

Then you are fine........Play!

are you done with the application? I think it is really easy other than the photo. I took the picture myself. i hope it works and I will get lucky.
do you know how i know if we were selected???

good that I was not paying for that website for that.

You might want to send Doua a PM to find out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back