Assault & Battery disturbing the peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdb3862

I am going thru a divorce, he walked out and moved in with 22 yr. old 3 weeks ago. I went to the town he works in so his son (13) could see him, the gf was in the truck with him, so I took a pic of them. They left and I left. Son saw them turn in at BP so he said let me see him, so I turned in and pulled beside them. The gf opened her door and said "If you want a pic heres one" and held out a polaroid of her. I said "NO, I want you to smile" and she did and I took another. MY husband gets out of the truck and man handles me trying to get my camera, and takes my keys, when I say I am calling the law my son starts to cry and says NO, my husband put the keys on my seat, we exchanged several more words and I got in my car and backed out when the gf started cussing me (I did call her a bad name as in women who break up marriages) she kept cussing me so I got out of the car and went after her, my husband got between us and it was on for a few seconds, he hollered at her to go in the store and call the law and she did. I left. He filed disturbing the peace and I was told I could not counter file. Am I the only one in this situation that is guilty of disturbing the peace?

kdb3862 said:
I am going thru a divorce, he walked out and moved in with 22 yr. old 3 weeks ago. I went to the town he works in so his son (13) could see him, the gf was in the truck with him, so I took a pic of them. They left and I left. Son saw them turn in at BP so he said let me see him, so I turned in and pulled beside them. The gf opened her door and said "If you want a pic heres one" and held out a polaroid of her. I said "NO, I want you to smile" and she did and I took another. MY husband gets out of the truck and man handles me trying to get my camera, and takes my keys, when I say I am calling the law my son starts to cry and says NO, my husband put the keys on my seat, we exchanged several more words and I got in my car and backed out when the gf started cussing me (I did call her a bad name as in women who break up marriages) she kept cussing me so I got out of the car and went after her, my husband got between us and it was on for a few seconds, he hollered at her to go in the store and call the law and she did. I left. He filed disturbing the peace and I was told I could not counter file. Am I the only one in this situation that is guilty of disturbing the peace?
I'm curious to know what happened but I would be surprised if anything becomes of this. You could always file a claim with the police for assault it seems. Filing doesn't mean that you will be convicted and there has to be sufficient evidence. I'm not sure why you can't file and it would be nice if you could tell us where you heard this and the reason they gave you. Sorry to hear about the divorce. Good luck in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back