district court

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginny_west

Our court date for district court was to be 8-16 and has been moved up to Nov. we received no notice of continuance the date was just moved. This has been won in civil court already and because of appeal was sent to district court, the defendant has a lawyer now and she has I am assuming asked for time to review. I want this ordeal over with, the man has no case and this has been going on since I filed suit against him last Oct. can I ask for a hearing by the district court judge, so this can be over with.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Ginny

ginny west said:
Our court date for district court was to be 8-16 and has been moved up to Nov. we received no notice of continuance the date was just moved. This has been won in civil court already and because of appeal was sent to district court, the defendant has a lawyer now and she has I am assuming asked for time to review. I want this ordeal over with, the man has no case and this has been going on since I filed suit against him last Oct. can I ask for a hearing by the district court judge, so this can be over with.
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Ginny

You can ask, but you'll be wasting your time. If you're not careful, your verdict will be overturned on appeal.

He/she has a lawyer. Don't you think you need one? I've never lost a "pro se" case.

destrict court

Thanks armyjudge I will leave the hearing alone. I have sought a pro bono attorney, and the only one that has any interest is busy, but at the same time he said that if we still didnt have council after a couple of weeks to call him again and he would see if he could squeeze us in. So again I guess im just waiting. I cannot afford council, thus it just stands like it is.
Ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back