Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlesgirl1986

boyfriend and i got into fight while driving. parked in parking lot, boyfriend gets out of car and wanders into the street and won't get back in car. i get out of car and beg him to please get back in so we aren't late to our concert but he's mad at me and will not. i am crying and yelling and walking towards him following him begging him to please get in. people passing by call cops. i give up on my bf and get in my car and start driving away, cops come, i attempt to park my car and accidentally hit the curb. cops handcuff me, never been handcuffed so i was sobbing and obviously extremely upset about this and my bf. cops ask me if i was hurt in accident i say "unfortunately not". think i'm suicidal so they send me to crisis unit.

get out a couple hours later. can't find car keys, so call the police. they say they have my keys, pick up keys, find two tickets in envelope- one for careless driving, one for disorderly conduct. ridiculous! so now, i face criminal charges. i'm a senior in college- all my life wanted to be a high school teacher..now if i get convicted i will have a criminal background??? for what?? because my boyfriend was acting like a jackass and wouldn't get back in the car??

now what.

Get a new boyfriend! Go to court tell the judge your story. Cops are not supposed to cuff you unless they perseve you as a theat. If they asked you to get out of the car and you obeyed all of they're commands they should not have cuffed you unless they were arressting you . did they read you your rights?

Just relax. People are handcuffed routinely--it doesn't mean that you were violent. Simply tell the judge your story and that you will do whatever it takes to not get anything on your record because you want to be a teacher. If you are found guilty of anything, she might put your offense "on file", which means that it disappears after two years as long as you don't screw up again. Your state's laws may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back