Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct [School Fight]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneyGirl

I am a 16 year old female that has no problems in school or with the police. This past Friday, the 16th I was engaged in a school fight with a 17 year old. This was my first offense and we were arrested for disorderly conduct. I had my fingerprints and a photo taken. Neither of us wanted to press charges on each other, so only the school is. We are suspended from school for 5 days and the police are handling the punishment, because we're not going through the courts, they are talking of community service right now. It is stated in our student handbook that "Students involved in a fight for the first time maybe suspended out of school for up to five days.", but it doesn't say anything about calling the police. The fight was first began by the 17 year old girl in a nearly empty hallway before class, so no rioting or classroom disturbance was made. There was no property damage, blood that we know of, or any weapons. I was on my way to class when this happened, and she had passed her class in order to approach me to inititate the unpredicted fight. We both cooperated and stopped when the dean intervend. We had our problems for over three years, i didn't hold a grudge. I don't know what to do. I was told to seek help from lawyer and i was wondering if you could help me figure out what to do. My mother was wondering if i should take a lawyer into school with the dean and police meeting, or if there is any possible way to to get my fingerprints and my picture out of the system and fight the arrest. I don't want to have to live with this on my record. Please help me. [p.s: I hope i did this right, if not sorry.]

A fight is a criminal act, whether on school or not. So, any police involvement is appropriate.

Your mom is free to consult an attorney if she wishes, and depending on the laws in your state, the informal process in which it is apparently being handled may or may not result in any permanent record. There may not be any way to remove the contact from the agency's "system", so that's not too likely without an attorney and a potentially lengthy court hearing.

But, a lot depends on the laws of your un-named state.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back