Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Disorderly Conduct Charge!!Please Give Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterParker

Ok we entered a resturaunt on a friday night downtown.As we passed through all of the tables i accidently grazed a older white males shoe,who was eating with what appeared to be his wife.I gave a glance and a "Sorry bro" and in return i got a eat shit look and "F** You"......I was kind of schocked and i kind of gave a sarcastic "really" in return and kept walking.As my friend was checking out,the guy would not stop looking at me,finally he stood up an harassed me about the way i was dressed,once again i sarcastically blew him off an left outside to get away from him.Outside the window the guy continued to look at me,when all of a sudden he jumped out of his seat an raced outside at me screaming profanity an calling me a P***Y.I rared back,but he stopped before he got real close an was putting his finger in my face an yelling basically in front of tons of people,i smacked his finger out of my face an he turned around an went back in the resturaunt only to turn around a few feet in an come running back out at me again,once again stopping before he reached close.Once again he yelled profanity an harassed me.Now my friend was done ordering an me an my two friends we casually leaving the place,i was paying no attention to him what so ever......as we passed by the front he came running outside an this time he was not slowing down,a few feet before he reached me i actually took notice to him,and i hit him.The first punch knocked him on a table outside an as he was falling off or getting up one i hit him a second time an knocked him completely out.I then stopped an backed away from him,i saw blood everywhere from where i hit him an kind of freaked out,so i ran.Stupid i know and as many times as i have wondered why people run when they have done nothing wrong,i still ran.However when i saw cops i stopped immediately an tried to explain to them that i was self defence and out of reaction.However,i am 23,he was probably mid 30s,dressed nice an with his wife.they automatically pegged me as the one in wrong an even waited for him to wake up to see if he wanted to press charges,he declined because i'm sure he knew if it was a serious charge an went to court he would end up losing.However i was not questioned nor were my friends,i was not read my rights,and i was not told anything.I was sat in the back of the car,arrested,an charged with disorderly conduct,for self defense.....an he was nurtured like a 5 year old girl who just lost her mom,and let go free...............

i feel as if i was stereotyped an done wrongly.I have no priors and i have never been in this situation before,i don't know the penalties for this and i would really really appreciate some advice as i am kind of freaking out over this.

similiar thing happened to us. Get letters and statements from your friends that were there explaining the situation, how he came after you. Get letters from people you know explaining your character and what kind of person you are. We got it dropped to a City code ticket, Disorderly conduct. which is not too bad to be cited with. Misdemenor. (sp?) haha good luck, dont stress too bad. what state are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back