Other Green Card Issue dismissed felony lowered to misdemeanor C, will it impact green card renewal process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerise

Jurisdiction
Texas
I got my green card in june 2008 in Houston , Texas. In April 2009 I had a horrid incident where confrontation with a police officer led to me getting arrested for felony: evading arrest. 9 months later it was dismissed and then reduced to misdemeanor C: Disorderly conduct, interference with public duties. I was fined $300 and case disposed.
Here I am in 2018 and need to renew my green card by june. I am not sure whether to go ahead and file I 90 myself online or get immigration attorney? I just need to know if this will perhaps lead to them denying to renew my green card as it's all listed on my record. Felony dismissed but misdemeanor c convicted?
Please help. I understand that the law varies in every state ..I would appreciate any solid advice as it is a grey area I think for me..

Are you a lawyer?

Thanks for your suggestion...but I have asked a lawyer and they have all given different opinions..however if you are a lawyer..then would you not know if it would impact me? What type of lawyer are you? Are you an immigration lawyer? I have tried to ask lawyers but they do not seem to get back to me hence I am posting here!
I figured an immigration lawyer would be able to tell me without a massive consultation!

Thanks for your time..so are you saying you are unethical as you are on here?Not sure what you are getting out to be honest. Have a good evening and sorry that you feel so frustrated. Best.

Even this misdemeanor could be trouble for you. I suggest you start by visiting an attorney rather than after problems arise.

Nobody is gong to be able to tell you much without knowing the details of your case. Even then it's just a guess. You need to prepare in advance for all possibilities.

The fact that is got reduced to a misdemeanor is helpful, but the type of offense is significant and could be a problem. There is no way to predict what will happen.

Thanks for your suggestion...but I have asked a lawyer and they have all given different opinions..however if you are a lawyer..then would you not know if it would impact me? What type of lawyer are you? Are you an immigration lawyer? I have tried to ask lawyers but they do not seem to get back to me hence I am posting here!
I figured an immigration lawyer would be able to tell me without a massive consultation!

I'm a lawyer.

I'm NOT your lawyer.

Truth is, in Texas and most states, a license to practice allows a lawyer to take ANY legal issue.

Some lawyers choose to specialize, others don't.

In this world mate, you gotta pay to play.

A mechanic gets paid to fix a bad transmission.

A dentist gets paid to extract a tooth.

A chef gets paid for cooking you a meal.

A baker gets paid for baking a French baguette.

A physician gets paid for treating you.

A lawyer gets paid to address your legal issues.

There are no FREE lunches, mate.

Again what type of lawyer are you?

A lawyer licensed to practice law in Texas and a some other states, even a foreign country.

You won't find an ethical lawyer via the Internet, mate.

Ethical lawyers don't need to drum up business on discussion sites.

You're wasting your time if you think you'll get real legal advice for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back