Dishonest car lot

Tink82

Jurisdiction
Oregon
I live in Oregon recently we had about $40,000 in vehicle stolen from us one of them happened to be a motorcycle the person who sold the motorcycle ended up taking it to a local car lot with no keys and no title there's a guy that lives on the car lot in the back of the property the owner of the car lot knew the bike was there and it sat there for about 4 days it arrived about 10 one night and didn't disappear until about 3 a.m. four days later again with no keys and no title The Car Lot stays open the gates are never locked apparently the guy on the property deals drugs I have video of them taking the motorcycle and loading it into a van they tried to hotwire it they broke the fairings on the the motorcycle and essentially the person who removed motorcycle from the car lot is the person who bought the motorcycle the motorcycle is non-functional Now does not work it'll be a couple thousand dollars to fix the motorcycle can I sue the owner of the car lot since he knew that the motorcycle was on his property

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

can I sue the owner of the car lot

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Since your post was virtually incomprehensible, I have no idea if you might have any sort of viable claim against anyone.

Based on what you've provided here I suspect any lawsuit would be a failure.

The motorcycle was stolen, yet somehow you have detailed information and video recordings of it's whereabouts for 4 days. That seems suspicious.

Why didn't you go get the motorcycle immediately?

You won't be able to prove what the lot owner knew or did not know, and his knowledge isn't necessarily even relevant to the theft or the damage to the bike.

This is something to take up with your insurance.

This whole post makes little sense. Why was your bike on anyone's property but your own? Why would it be the fault of some random car dealer that your bike was stolen? Why would you expect them to guard your bike?

Back