Discrimination by College towards Nursing Student

tattynat1230

Jurisdiction
Ohio
I feel that I had situation that went from the Dean of Nursing attempting to retaliated against me to her now her attempting to use my ADHD, panic attack, and anxiety against me.
I filed a complaint with the VP of the college against the Dean for lying on me to another faculty member, I provided emails showing that she did in fact lie. That was resolved quickly.
Just a few weeks later I had student use my work and completed plagiarism I feel. I told the another student to stay away from me I wanted nothing to do with her and I would report her. So she went to the college and said I was intimidating her. So I was told by the college not to worry about it it is a he said she said situation.
So I was received a letter saying from the college stating becaislly behave urself and handle the situation better next time.
When it came time for my registration for the following the term I was told by the Dean because of my behavior that she was not going to allow me to register.
I appealed the decision went the VP and told me, she wants you see a Mental Health provider and your doctor needs to provide a note. Now I have ADHD, anxiety and panic attacks all well documented and I have school VISA.
I provide my drs letter however now she saying that feels I need to wait till August to return and that she feels that it will not allow me enough time to get my anxiety under that caused me to say something to another student. No I feel I stood up for myself.
I didn't physically threatened anybody I just said stay away or I will tell.
The Dean is saying that is I attempt to embrasse her no I told the student and no one else anything until I was asked about it.
I feel the Dean is attempting to retaliated against me because I filed a complaint against her just a few weeks prior. Now is using my disability against me.
I don't understand how my doctors letter isn't any good now but will be in a few months. That makes no sense to me.
In part of the letter I received from the VP he stated to me "I urge you to accept these term"
I felt very uncomfortable by this statement and it was a settle threat and attempt to intimidated me.
I have filed appealed of that decision to the Presdient of the college. However I was told by the VP that they don't overturn Deans decisions and I would be wasting my time if I persuaed it passed him
I have over 120 credits from this college and have taken on and off for 13 years no problems. I have a Associates of Arts and Science. I have never had an issue before I have 4 class left and will my Associated in Applied Sciences that will allow me to sit for nursing boards.
I have filed complaints with US Dept of Education but that process takes months to resolve.

You're flailing your arms in the wind to no avail or advantage.
If you persist, you'll only meet failure.
Do it their way, if you wish to eventually attend their school.

Talk to some lawyers in your area.
You can meet with a lawyer at no cost for a short discussion of your issues.

You're flailing your arms in the wind to no avail or advantage.
If you persist, you'll only meet failure.
Do it their way, if you wish to eventually attend their school.

Talk to some lawyers in your area.
You can meet with a lawyer at no cost for a short discussion of your issues.
I file my complaint with the President of the college and basically it was put back on to me and tough luck. I did speak to the US Dept of education attorney she called me and she looking into and said she would talk to the team members and see what they have to say.

I file my complaint with the President of the college and basically it was put back on to me and tough luck. I did speak to the US Dept of education attorney she called me and she looking into and said she would talk to the team members and see what they have to say.

Yes, you play the game their way, or they boot you out the door without explanation.

It isn't clear what happened exactly and if any "retaliation" was for a reason prohibited by law. It also isn't clear what your status is or why you were asked to sit out a semester or even how anyone knew that you had any of the conditions you mention. It would be usual at best for the VP of the university to be the one to handle such claims and appeals. Depending upon what you are alleging and why it would either be the Dean or the Title IX Coordinator.

There is no US Board of Education. If you mean the Dept of Ed, you can file a complaint with them but only for certain reasons and after you have exhausted the proper channels at your own university.

I spoke to US Dept of Education and they have agreed to that with the all the emails the I have turned into them that their is issue. Well the VP does handle appeals and then goes up to the President according the college appeal process. I filed with the with Dept of Education before I was done with the appeal process and they aware of that because in email I was told by the Dean that I was wasting my time because they don't overturn Deans decisions. So that was submit to the Dept. Of Education.
They are aware of disability because paperwork has to be filed with the nursing department to be put in your file.

Back