Disability and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnMan

Banned
I have a permanent physical disability and I need security lighting around my house for my safety. My neighbor is harassing me by directing two 250 watt halogen lights toward my house and playing unbearable loud music at night because he doesn't like my lighting. What can I do about this situation?

If you are not going to give helpful advice then don't reply.
If you believe the noise violates any local ordinances, report the noise to the sheriff or police.
Otherwise, his lights are probably no worse than yours.
A disability doesn't allow anyone to break the law or be treated any differently than anyone else.

Last edited:
My lights are not directed at his house and his are and serve no pupose but to harrass me because they are shining from the inside of his house from his windows. My lights are attached to my house and I need the lighting because of stairs to the lower level of my house so I don't fall because of my disability. My lights are off at 11:00 p.m. and his are on all night.

I suggest you change the type of lighting he finds offensive to a less projecting type of lighting. LED light strips work well and are hardly visible.

My lights are not directed at his house and his are and serve no pupose but to harrass me because they are shining from the inside of his house from his windows. My lights are attached to my house and I need the lighting because of stairs to the lower level of my house so I don't fall because of my disability. My lights are off at 11:00 p.m. and his are on all night.

You don't need to justify, rationalize, or attempt to explain to a nobody, ME, on the Internet.
I don't care if you build a 200' high concrete wall with a 1,000 foot moat around your property and you hire space aliens to protect your perimeter.

I gave you a suggestion, and you're free to ignore it or investigate it.

You're also free to retain the best lawyer in your state and tie your light loving neighbor up in lawsuits until 2055.

I solved a similar problem years ago by installing quadruple black out drapes on the two small, third floor windows remaining after I bricked up all other windows. I installed about a dozen cameras along the bunker's perimeter, if I ever wanted to see what was skulking about outside. Yeah, I made me a WWII bunker, brother. My wife hated it, but came to love it as soon as she fully understood the security capabilities built into a bunkered home.

My house has excellent offensive shooting capabilities but from a defense standpoint it sucks. I could pick off anyone within rifle range in any direction. Maybe if I installed those optical machine guns strategically around the house.:eek:

I was being quite serious - I was, however, mistaken in the reason for the lighting. Mea culpa. :rolleyes:

Motion sensor lights. You don't need lights on full time, only when you are going up and down the stairs. Motion sensor lights will handle that perfectly well and will not disturb your neighbor.

What makes you think your rights trump his?

My house has excellent offensive shooting capabilities but from a defense standpoint it sucks. I could pick off anyone within rifle range in any direction. Maybe if I installed those optical machine guns strategically around the house.:eek:

I hear they now have armed droids or robots who can kill a target from a distance well over two miles.
Man, I'd love to have me a squad of droids. LOL

I think the motion sensor light suggestion is key. This way you have lighting to help you on the stairs. it only comes on when needed. I wish i could walk up/down stairs. I mainly slide or pull myself up them in my house. I could have a lift installed but it's not as fun as sliding down them. :) So install the motion sensor and everyone will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back