Finance, Investments Didn't get the promised amount from a loan officer after closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cecilblez

I bought a new house last November in Fort Worth, TX. While searching for loans, our builder introduced a loan officer and he said he will give a $2500 towards closing and an extra $1600 after closing the house as incentives. We agreed to proceed thru his company. As he mentioned he gave us the $2500 while closing but after closing we haven't got the $1600. First of all he didn't show up at the title company on the closing day. So i called him right away from the title place. He picked up and said he has to go pick up his son from school and agreed that he will meet me on a Saturday and give the rest of the money. I contacted him on Saturday and he didn't respond. So I called him again but this time he text me back saying He was busy and surely will give the money the following week. After that he responded to all my texts with different excuses. It's been 3 months still haven't received the money. I contacted him again and said that I'm going to contact his management about the money. Then he replied that he is trying to get it together through payroll so it won't be taxed and surely give it by yesterday which is Feb 7th 2014. I contacted him again and now he is saying the compensation has changed and it is hard to cut the money from payroll without taxed. I need some legal advise to proceed on this issue. Is there anyway I can get the money and sue the company for making false statements and gaining customers to process loan thru them?

You want to sue a guy for promising you $4,000 to commit fraud but only delivering $2,500, right?

You might want to forget about the $4,000 and be glad you got $2,500.

I don't actually care about the money at this point. I need to sue his company for letting the LO to make false statements to get customers. I don't want this happen to anyone else.

You want to sue a guy for promising you $4,000 to commit fraud but only delivering $2,500, right?

You might want to forget about the $4,000 and be glad you got $2,500.

I don't actually care about the money at this point. I need to sue his company for letting the LO to make false statements to get customers. I don't want this happen to anyone else.

Go ahead, sue him.

But, you won't like what might happen to you.

Have you heard of a legal principle known as "clean hands"?

Well, all of the hands in any potential lawsuit among these parties appear to be "dirty"!

You might be better off reporting this to your lender, or your state's agency that regulates home lenders.

Go ahead, sue him.

But, you won't like what might happen to you.

Have you heard of a legal principle known as "clean hands"?

Well, all of the hands in any potential lawsuit among these parties appear to be "dirty"!

You might be better off reporting this to your lender, or your state's agency that regulates home lenders.

If I don't loose more money on this I would sue them. Anyway, Thank you for your Advise Army Judge!

You really don't.

As AJ indicated, you need to look into the concept of "unclean hands". For the same reason why a drug user can't sue his dealer for giving him a "short" amount, you cannot sue the loan person. When you throw mud in these situations, your own hands invariably end up dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back