Did a job for $200 complete, now they want sue.

ruben8308

Hello, I did a job for Trimming a palm tree in a home owner backyard December 20th. The orginal estimate was $175 and a verbal agreement. Once I finished the job, the owner was happy and even help me load up palm limbs to trailer. He then paid me $200 instead and told him thank you and was on the way. Now during the El Nino storm, two small limb that broke over he's claiming its my fault and keeps harassing me on Facebook and Craigslist saying it my fault, even as far as putting my wife medical condition on Facebook. Now he want to sue me for $200 and demanding payment back or take me to court in California. What can i do in the situation. Thanks

Hello, I did a job for Trimming a palm tree in a home owner backyard December 20th. The orginal estimate was $175 and a verbal agreement. Once I finished the job, the owner was happy and even help me load up palm limbs to trailer. He then paid me $200 instead and told him thank you and was on the way. Now during the El Nino storm, two small limb that broke over he's claiming its my fault and keeps harassing me on Facebook and Craigslist saying it my fault, even as far as putting my wife medical condition on Facebook. Now he want to sue me for $200 and demanding payment back or take me to court in California. What can i do in the situation. Thanks

Ignore him, block him from your FaceBook page, go on with your life.
You owe the deadbeat nothing.
If he sues you, appear in court,tell your side of the story, defend yourself.

he want to sue me

There is no want to sue, there is only sue or not sue. Until you are served with a summons and complaint you are free to ignore this person.

If you do get sued, El Nino is probably a good defense so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Meantime, that the customer even knows about your wife's medical condition is nobody's fault but your own.

By the way, do you have contractor's liability insurance? If you don't, now you know why you should have it. Next time somebody claims you are at fault for damaging their property it could easily be for tens of thousands or more.

There is no want to sue, there is only sue or not sue. Until you are served with a summons and complaint you are free to ignore this person.

If you do get sued, El Nino is probably a good defense so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Meantime, that the customer even knows about your wife's medical condition is nobody's fault but your own.

By the way, do you have contractor's liability insurance? If you don't, now you know why you should have it. Next time somebody claims you are at fault for damaging their property it could easily be for tens of thousands or more.

There's no damage to property, Palm Tree has two small limbs Hanging. Doesnt pose any risk to home since they may weigh only 5- 10pounds, Not the 50-70 pounds he's claiming. He just email me demanding to pay him back $200 or will sue me in small claims court. He's also tellimg me not to go near the neighborhood and if i go and do damage to his house he will call the police. He's obviously is threatening me, in no way are we doing any harm to him.

There's no damage to property, Palm Tree has two small limbs Hanging. Doesnt pose any risk to home since they may weigh only 5- 10pounds, Not the 50-70 pounds he's claiming. He just email me demanding to pay him back $200 or will sue me in small claims court. He's also tellimg me not to go near the neighborhood and if i go and do damage to his house he will call the police. He's obviously is threatening me, in no way are we doing any harm to him.

Just ignore him, don't respond.
Keep all of his threats in a safe place, just in case he goes caveman.
If he sues, you appear and defend.
If he sues you and things are as you say, there's no way he can prevail.

A storm is an act of God.
You're not God.
You didn't cause the storm or the damage.

Relax, keep your cool, he's just a big blowhard.

Back