DHS/CPS invasion of privacy??

Kenna garrison

Jurisdiction
Oklahoma
Can i sue DHS/CPS for mailing me and my 3 kids full social security numbers to three different people that I know of and one of them is currently in prison! If yes,how do I start?

Can i sue DHS/CPS for mailing me and my 3 kids full social security numbers to three different people that I know of and one of them is currently in prison! If yes,how do I start?

What was the nature of the mailing that the agency sent to them — what was it about? And what damages (i.e. financial losses) have you suffered as a result of it?

If you wish to sue someone, most people start by meeting with a lawyer licensed to practice law in your state of residence.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Why do you believe these agencies mailed this information to the individuals in question, and why did they do it? What is the relationship between the recipients and you and your kids?

In other words, if you want a useful response, you're going to have to provide some background and context.

Ok I have 3 different baby father's fatnone of them are present or have been presen in my kids lifes. I do not talk to them at all except the one in prison occasionally calls but he still was never around and my old caseworker sent out my petition papers to everyone with me my kids and all 3 dad's on the petition but the only socials out of 7 that was all types out was mine my kids.

Ok I have 3 different baby father's fatnone of them are present or have been presen in my kids lifes. I do not talk to them at all except the one in prison occasionally calls but he still was never around and my old caseworker sent out my petition papers to everyone with me my kids and all 3 dad's on the petition but the only socials out of 7 that was all types out was mine my kids.

The parent of a child is entitled to know their child's social security number.

but the only socials out of 7 that was all types out was mine my kids.

Did you see the full SSNs on the letters the fathers got, or on the copies the state sent to you? If it was the copies the state sent to you then it is quite possible that on the actual letters sent to the fathers that those SSNs were redacted. So if you are seeing this stuff on the letters the state sent you I suggest you contact the state and ask if the ones the fathers got showed the full SSNs. It might be that there isn't even really a problem here.

What is the petition regarding? Are your parental rights being terminated?

It showed all digits of our socials and not all them have a right to see them, and I got a picture from one of them of the paper and it shows our socials on their copies.

It showed all digits of our socials and not all them have a right to see them, and I got a picture from one of them of the paper and it shows our socials on their copies.

What did your caseworker say when you brought this to his/her attention?

And, again, each of the fathers has the right to see their respective child's social security number. While it's unlikely, it's also possible that they have the right to see yours. I agree that the fathers don't have the right to know the social security number of the children that are not theirs.

What petition? And why are there social security numbers on it?

Also, I'm not sure what this means "papers . . . with me [and] my kids and all 3 dad's [sic] on the petition but the only socials out of the 7 that was all types [sic] out was mine [and] my kids." Are you saying you have six different kids with three different fathers? If not, what does the reference to "the 7" mean?

Also, you did not answer the question that "Tax Counsel" asked: what damages (i.e. financial losses) have you suffered as a result of this?

Back