Roomate destructive verbally abusive roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackerjack

My sister is my roommate. I signed into the lease when her boyfriend left her for about the fifth time. I had some issues with how things were before the lease was signed and we had a heart to heart. After the lease was signed her boyfriend who had just signed off the lease started spending the night literally almost every night. The day the rent was due I told her "rent us due we need to talk before I pay it". She blew up at me we had it out she went to a friends, I packed my things and packed them away in my bedroom closet and then left for work. She called into work, I know this as being the good sister and expecting help on the bills helped her get a job at my work, and then started texting me about things I had packed away. She would only know these things were packed if she had gone through my things. I texted her back telling to get out of my things. She repeatedly threatened me if I camber
home I would be arrested and also told me "good luck having anything left b#&$!". I recently moved into a friends spare room and went to set up the air mattresses that I use as a bed only to find fork holes punched into it. I blocked her on Facebook and her number from my phone but the stress from this and from her letting a friend of hers use my sisters phone to harass and threaten me as well has caused stress hives.I have had to be excised from work multiple times to handle this matter. Seeing her at home and at work and with her harassing me via text message while I'm at work is just too much. She won't sign me off the lease and she won't sign herself off. I clearly can't love with her when there is destruction of property and I am having physical symptoms without even having been home in days. My apartment advised I get some sort of restraining order against get to be dropped from the lease. Do I even have a case for anything? I just want this to be done so I can move on with my life.

The apartment complex (I'm going to assume it wasn't "the apartment" talking here) was quite generous in advising you about the restraining order. Usually they don't get into such silly fights between siblings because letting one off the lease typically means the other can't pay the full rent and they have to end up evicting that person.

So...why haven't you followed what they suggested?

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back