Desperately in need of reply, guaranteed wierdest shit youll ever read on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner799

hey, im sad to be writing this but, im in california and i recieved a speeding ticket, fifty in a 35, being sixteen this is a big deal. however! heres the catch, me and my friend wanted to race, but he took off and i just rolled along after him, he was ahead even though my car is faster. i kept driving and see in my rearview mirror him getting pulled over. he calls me later and says, were fucked! the cop said he got your plates. He had put cuffs on my friend, interrogated him for a wile, even said, congradulations! your getting your car impounded today, no give me your keys! so im generaly like, FUCK. the cop ends up leaving a note on my door, i call dispatch back and they ask for a call back number. the cop calls me back and asks me to meet at my house and says i want to discuss what you did. he then calls my mom and says that i could be arrested and my car impounded. I arrive and the pig, i mean officer, tells me, your friend ratted you out, and i contacted your school to find out where you live. so i calmy reply, so what are you here for, was a going to fast? he says, either you can tell me the truth or i can be harder on you and you will go to jail. I said, how can you prove its me, i didnt race or anything i wasnt doing anything but speeding. he says, try and take it to court . Then hes like, im a do you a favor and just give you a speeding ticket. and he did.

please give me some professional feedback. i have no idea how this works. my friend said he got the plates, he said my friend ratted me out. i dont know who to believe, and if i should fight the ticket, which is written for speeding and has a note of warning about speed contest. please let me know if i should fit back or not at burner799@gmail.com

Could it be that you have a little attitude problem?

"I arrive and the pig, i mean officer, tells me,"

We try to keep this forum a place for civilized discussion.

Is this a real case?

If so, the answers should be obvious:

First, your "friend" who's car was ahead of yours even though yours is "faster" had to have given the police your information. How and/or why would an officer take down your license plate while in pursuit of another vehicle. You would have noticed him behind you, if he was running your plates. Or are you suggesting that the officer is so amazingly talented that he can get your plates by glancing in his rear view mirror and scribbling down the information while in pursuit of another vehicle? The only other alternative is that when you blew by the cop in your "faster" car at an incredible "fifty" miles per hour while he was preoccupied with your friend, the amazing momentum of your vehicle distracted him enough that he quickly whipped out his trusty notebook and ran into the middle of the road or at least the outer edge of the shoulder to jot down your license plate and was able to discern it clearly amongst the other vehicles that were driving by.

Second, your opportunity to avoid the legal repercussions of your actions is diminished when you say things like, "i wasn't doing anything but speeding." Speeding is against the law. If you had admitted to racing, you would have gotten a ticket for that too. Smooth Move.

Third, your car is not "faster".

now after some time

hey, sorry about the crazy post, didnt mean to offend anyone, that was just the day of when it happend i was a bit frantic. and, for whoever said my car isnt faster, it IS hah but thats not the point. what i wanted to know was, how can a policeman give you a speeding ticket based on what another person told him.

hey, im sad to be writing this but, im in california and i recieved a speeding ticket, fifty in a 35, being sixteen this is a big deal. however! heres the catch, me and my friend wanted to race, but he took off and i just rolled along after him, he was ahead even though my car is faster. i kept driving and see in my rearview mirror him getting pulled over.

So explain this, if he was in front, and then then you saw him being pulled over in your rear view mirror, how did you get around his car? Is is possible the officer saw your plates as he was passing you in order to pull your friend? Or perhaps you both passed by the stopped cruiser and he got your plates on his camera (you know most cruisers are equipped with these now, right?) Lastly, he gave you a ticket because you either saw you going right behind your friend at the same speed, or saw you pass your friend, meaning you were going faster than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back