Desperate...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsk531

Hello-
I was wondering where I might find some resources and help on Ohio custody laws. My fiance is fighting for custody of his children in Toledo, he currently has placement of the children throughout the process of his divorce.

Here are some specifics.

1. The mother lives in Virginia, and has limited visitation with the kids, and is a British citizen.

2. the mother had at least 4 prior documented suicide attempts, last one being in may, 2001

3. prior drug and alcohol issues including crack, cocaine, pot and ecstasy

4. was released from drug and alcohol rehab for non attendance

5. Psychological analysis, and drug testing were performed by the state results will be back in January.

And many many more too numerous to mention, including a paternity test that was performed, proved that he is not the father of the little girl that he thought was his, which he is trying desperately to keep in his home. As of right now, he does have custody of both children, but we don't know for how long.

Thank you for your help,

Custody determinations are usually based upon a standard of "best interests of the child" and set procedures for certain factual situations (such as convictions) are usually contained in case law rather than a specific statute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back