Desperate Help for Grandparent

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppies01

I had been fostering my grandson for 10.5 months but due to my health no being that great he is now fostered by family friends who social services says must go for Special Guardianship Order. Can the social services cut me out of his life? as my husband and I desperatelt love him so much. When I did contact the social services after his new placement the Team Manager said she does not have to tell me anything now.

This case goes to court in two weeks and do not know if I am allowed to sit in as I do not TRUST the social worker as she may put him with strangers as she has threatened to do so before. They made me feel as if I was of no consequence. I will fight for my grandson until the day I die if need be. Grandparents are so important to every child why cant't the government see that.

I cannot afford a solicitor so does that mean I cannot see my grandchild unitl he is 18 yrs but I may be dead by then.

Please I am so desperate!!!!

Unfortunately, the matter is really out of your hands.

If your health precludes you from looking after him, it's only natural that social services placed him elsewhere. I know you said you can't afford it, but if you want a chance at continued contact with your grandson you really need to do whatever it takes to speak with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back