Consumer Law, Warranties deposit refund, no contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayndel

I paid a deposit to a wedding photographer but never signed a contract. Nowhere on the reservation form does it say that the deposit is non-refundable. Am I entitled to a refund of my deposit? It's still 5 months away from the reserved date.

shayndel said:
I paid a deposit to a wedding photographer but never signed a contract. Nowhere on the reservation form does it say that the deposit is non-refundable. Am I entitled to a refund of my deposit? It's still 5 months away from the reserved date.
In the future, don't ever provide money without a receipt or written language of some kind for what it speaks to. You should be able to get your money back, especially since there is no agreement that the deposit is non-refundable. Given that it's so many months prior to the date (although it might be a busy date) I'd say you should be able to. But you should ask for it back and follow up with a written request/demand, sent via a certifiable method, if you don't get the money back soon. Good luck and congratulations! Don't let this affect your great, happy plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back