Other Debt demand payment for personal loan

whistler

I loaned a friend $2000 approximately 2 1/2yrs ago for his business (he's a Contractor).The loan was to be paid in full within 2mos. I've been paid $300. He's a flake. It seems he's not intent on paying the debt. If his intentions were righteous, I wouldn't be sending this message. He recently purchased a coffee cart and is open for business. There is no written agreement (live n learn). We correspond primarily by texting. I've saved almost 2 years of our texts detailing the loan and promise of payment. What can I do to get my money back? It may not be a lot of money but it was all I had. I'm a single parent of a 6yr old boy. I've never been rude or nasty with this man. Obviously, I trusted him. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

I loaned a friend $2000 approximately 2 1/2yrs ago for his business (he's a Contractor).The loan was to be paid in full within 2mos. I've been paid $300. He's a flake. It seems he's not intent on paying the debt. If his intentions were righteous, I wouldn't be sending this message. He recently purchased a coffee cart and is open for business. There is no written agreement (live n learn). We correspond primarily by texting. I've saved almost 2 years of our texts detailing the loan and promise of payment. What can I do to get my money back? It may not be a lot of money but it was all I had. I'm a single parent of a 6yr old boy. I've never been rude or nasty with this man. Obviously, I trusted him. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Your only recourse is to take him to court, small claims cout.

You can Google (SMALL CLAIMS YOUR COUNTY, CA).
Don't get too excited, because even IF you prevail, you must then endeavor to collect on the judgment.
Most small claims plaintiffs never collect one dollar on their judgments.
But, if you want the money, that's the ONLY legal option available to you.
As you've learned, don't loan money to anyone, they rarely repay it!!!

Back