Dell Financial Services Civil Action Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyderrian

Served papers by PA Constable 06-05-2008 to appear in District Court Scranton, Pennsylvania. Dell's representatives are Blatt, Hasenmiller, Leibsker & Moore, LLC. Seeking judgment against me for $2173.57 plus costs. Have been in dispute with Dell since I purchased a desktop system from them on credit 04-08-2004. Dell did not deliver services as part of sale, I suspended payments & eventually donated computer system to local non-profit agency when Dell refused to take computer back.
My concern is the court hearing scheduled 07-09-2008. I must notify court immediately if I intend to "enter defense". If I have a claim, I must file it "on a complaint form at their office" prior to hearing. Also, "Pursuant to Pa.R.C.P.D.J. No. 342(B)(2), no claim by the defendant will be permitted in a supplementary action filed for failure of judgement creditor to enter satisfaction." I don't know what any of this means? I can't afford a lawyer and will represent myself. What happens if I don't defend and just show up?
I have no assets and can't pay the judgment or "costs". What are "costs"? Court costs? "Pa.R.C.P.D.J. No. 206 sets forth those costs recoverable by the prevailing party." (Filing and Constable Ed. costs totaling $124.50).
I don't know what to do or what to expect. Appreciate anyone's help here. Thanks.

Q: What happens if I don't defend and just show up?

A: A default judgment will be entered against you and Dell will try to get the dough from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back