1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Defendant supoena to bring prosecutions witness? Domestic Violence & Civil Orders

Discussion in 'Criminal Charges' started by Thompsonfam3, Jul 11, 2016.

  1. Thompsonfam3

    Thompsonfam3 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I have a Domestic violence charge against me in Mesa, AZ no contact was made. Im being charged with 13-1203A2 assult fear of injury-DV I plead not guilty and I am not appointed a lawyer because I do not face jail time. I am a 1st time offender, I have clean record in fact Im in police academy. My husband called the cops told them I tried to kick him and my son saw. We got a suponea sent to our house when we weren't home my 84 yr grandpa signed for it. We got 3 suponeas one for my husband and two that state to the parents or guardian of my son. My husband is not my sons biological dad nor is my husband his guardian. The cop assumed we all had the same last name. I am the only parent on my sons birth certificate. Can I be forced to bring my own son to testify against me? My husband and I have reconciled, he is Bi-polar was off meds when we got into argument(prosecution doesn't know he's bi-polar ). He has already told prosecution that in a written statement that he doesn't remember what happened that I tried to kick save a phone and he thought I kicked him and that he doesnt want me prosecuted. Also, my husband heard that if he doesn't show up case dismissed and hes willing to do jail time because niether of us has ever been arrested or even warned he thinks 1 or 2 nights and a fine. What does that entail if he doesn't go and can I be forced to bring my son and penalized if I do not?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    The DV charge could jeopardize your ability to ever become a certified peace officer.

    I suggest you discuss your case ONLY with your lawyer.

    Don't blab about these sensitive stuff all over the internet.

    Ask all questions you have ONLY of your lawyer.

    What you're trying to do is often done by DV abusers, quiet the victim down, make excuses for why the police were called, and telling the world just what a cool person he or she really is, not some violent abuser.

    Stop already, no one is going to believe you the way you are approaching this.

    Just stop talking about any of this violence and nonsense, and how a child was forced to watch one parent abuse the other.

    Children learn from the way their parents behave, and they are always watching.

    Work with your lawyer to see if a remedy is available to you.
    Disabled Vet likes this.
  3. Betty3

    Betty3 Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You note you were not appointed a lawyer. However, you certainly might want to discuss the whole situation with a lawyer.

Share This Page