Business Debt, Collections Defaulted judgment /bench warrant USA trip living abroad

orchidea

Hello, I am an American living abroad for 5 years and before leaving I had outstanding debts that I tried settling. Most c/c companies worked with me accepting a lumpsum but a few have refused. I was looking at my credit report and found that 2 judgments had been placed and one has a writ of execution issued but from back in February of 2014. The epiration date is for Feb. 2016. My questions is, being that I want to go visit in August and stay for 12 days and then leave, how do I know if I have a bench warrant issued? Should it be written on the docket? Will it give me problems when I land? I was sued in 2011 but have been gone since 2010. I don't wanted to be taken away or handcuffed at the airport.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am an American living abroad for 5 years and before leaving I had outstanding debts that I tried settling. Most c/c companies worked with me accepting a lumpsum but a few have refused. I was looking at my credit report and found that 2 judgments had been placed and one has a writ of execution issued but from back in February of 2014. The epiration date is for Feb. 2016. My questions is, being that I want to go visit in August and stay for 12 days and then leave, how do I know if I have a bench warrant issued? Should it be written on the docket? Will it give me problems when I land? I was sued in 2011 but have been gone since 2010. I don't wanted to be taken away or handcuffed at the airport.

Thanks in advance

Unless fraud, forgery, or identity theft was involved in accumulating the debts; handcuffs aren't in your future.

No one is the USA goes to jail for owing any debt.

The rare exception would be prison for tax cheats, and others classified as tax criminals.
Again, that isn't so much about the debt, as it is about defying the all powerful in the "Land of OZ, even the Great Wizard". LOL

So, if your judgments are about you defaulting on debt, handcuffs won't be used on you.

Frankly, why bother returning to a former first world nation spiraling into the third world abyss?

No need to answer, I'm what some call a curmudgeon, and I'm old.

Anyway, good luck and safe travels.

Back